Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS

I have traveled many times to many places on my own on business; Chicago, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Florida and Los Angeles, all without TLW (The Little Woman). In the course of my traveling, I’ve made connections to buses, cars, cabs trains, other planes etc., again, without TLW.

When I travel with TLW, the little lady takes complete charge. TLW runs the show, holding the tickets, in an all-purpose carry-on bag with incidentals such as: aspirin, newspapers, gum etc. I sometimes have to take the bag from her so she can travel more easily. She sometimes thinks she is a pack mule the way she carries everything, so I naturally get angry with her and take the bag.

As we entered the airport security, we needed our drivers license and tickets. TLW handed me a ticket and said: “Take this and go through the detector.” “Yes, Dear” said I.

Going through the security detector, I handed the lady with the security wand my ticket and license. She looks at the ticket confused, and says to me: “I don’t care if you are husband and wife or lovers.” Me being somewhat well educated replied: “Huh?” The security lady shows me the airline ticket, which states: Ellen Del Bloggolo”. “Oops, she gave me the wrong ticket. That little woman behind me has my ticket, I have Hers.”

After we both pass through the detector, TLW says to me: “What did you ever say to cause so much confusion?”

Are you getting confused, and wish it would stop? Then write to: joedelbloggolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Life is confusing enough without you. Go away.”

No comments: