Saturday, December 07, 2013

A WOMAN’S WAY


There is a lot to be said about how men and women do things, and even about what they expect.

before haircut
after haircut.
For years when I wanted to get a haircut, I went to the barber and when I left his shop, I knew I had a haircut. Why? Because I looked different, the joke my ears were lowered was really a statement that the barber cut my hair.

The other day TLW (The Little Woman) said, or should I say announced, that she was going to get her hair cut. That statement in itself is different then when I say it. TLW says: “I’m going to get my hair cut.” This is said like she was taking her head off and giving it to her beautician to cut, then put it back on her shoulders. Her hair is an accessory to be handled as such.

Now when I need a trim, I say: “I going for a haircut” or “I’m gonna get a haircut.” Poor grammar and all: that is what I say.

Now the results are another area of dispute. When I come from the barbershop, TLW says: “Ah, I see you got a haircut.” I even smell like I had a haircut, and even feel a little raw on the back of my neck.

When TLW comes home from the beauty parlor, I’m afraid to ask if she got it or not. She looks the same! There is NO discernable difference from when she left the house! She could go out all day for haircuts and I still wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

The last time she came home from her beautician, I was going to remark but thought better of it and decided not to go there. What if she didn’t get a haircut? As someone once asked me what the secret to my being married for 42 years was, I kept my mouth shut.

No comments: