Monday, December 16, 2013

HOHOHOHO!


Santa is coming! Yes boys and girls, that old bag of bones is coming to visit his little niece and nephew at their home!

Having a Santa Outfit is good, it allows me to fulfill a little dream I always had, to make a kids Christmas memorable. Now this is CHRISTMAS, and NOT a ‘holiday’ visit and I’m allowed to say that since it is on my dime.

Now the two little munchkins I will visit are my niece and nephew’s children. Mamma and Poppa, Annmarie and Greg have two beautiful little children: Al and Aubrey Rose, and she looks like a rose.

Many years ago, when I was about 3 or 4, my folks had a Halloween party in their apartment. I remember the kitchen and dining room had the kitchen chairs lined up along the wall and a witch came. Being too young to be afraid, I do remember it being creepy. So this experience with my Santa suit will be something more merry and hopefully special.

Later in life I found out that the witch was an aunt of mine who happened to be my godmother. Since I grew up with 4 sisters, I’m now used to witches, and they don’t scare me any, just as long as I use caution.

The suit comes because I will be visiting people with disabilities in their home and a dance for people with disabilities! This is always special to me and it launches the holiday week, making Christmas a special occasion for me.

In a few days I will report back to you on how it all went.

No comments: