Tuesday, December 03, 2013

THE OLD MEN AND THE SEE

-->
Recently I went to the mall and the Apple Store’s ‘Genius Bar’ to have my laptop repaired. The base was coming off and they replaced it for free. The process took a half hour and I was asked to wait for it.

Being this store is in the mall, I decided to go out and sit outside the store on a comfortable chair and watch the traffic go buy while they fixed the computer.

Sitting there was a scene it seems from the movie with Walter Matthau, George Burns and Lee Meredith in the Sunshine Boys! Three gentlemen, who must go to the mall everyday and sit in the same place, were convened and the session in progress was amusing.

There sat a guy with a cap, thick tinted glasses and he was filled with opinions, next to him was a gentleman with a brimmed hat and listening mostly, and then there was a gentleman without a cap who showed up last.


CAP: “Don’t go in there (P.F.Changs), my friend went in and it cost him eighty bucks! Now you want good Chinese, ya gotta go ta my place, six bucks, and they give you a forks and napkins for takeout!”

HAT: “Nah, I go to my place, but I’m not big on that stuff, ya know?”

HATLESS: Pointing to CAP, “You mean you don’t take ya wife there? Don’t ya take her out for dinner?”

CAP: “WHY? SHE COOKS! I ain’t spending no
money and then ya gotta tip, by the time you get the car and park, geez, I went to a wedding coupla months ago, BIG pain in the ass… hey, look at that broad with the big ass! I could spend some time with her!”

HAT: “What you gonna do with her, you don’t remember what to do, besides, you wouldn’t take her out to dinner or nothing!”

Unfortunately, I posted some of this on Facebook, stating that three old guys were sitting there, when I get a comment that broke me up. My good buddy from Somers Street, Brooklyn wrote: “Don’t you mean four?”
BRAINDROPS
http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/
You know, I think I got my smart ass attitude from the old neighborhood.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Now it's five.