Sunday, December 29, 2013

IF THE SHOE FITS


How many of you can buy something off the rack and wear it without alterations, or some kind of compromise?

Did a little shopping with TLW (The Little Woman) the other day and while out decided to buy some shoes. Now I have a wide width shoe and I can’t always find my size, so it takes a great deal of searching from store to store to find it.

There is a certain kind of shoe style I like and want if you don’t have it I won’t buy anything. My shoes last me a very long time because I keep what I have until they are ready to fall off.

When I shop, the stores either have my size but not the style or the reverse, having the style but not in my size, leading me to another store with the same kind of dichotomy!

For the last three tries it seems that I finally end up in Rockport and they have it all, style and size and usually some great deals where I get a second pair for half price! Sure enough, it happened once again!

But the curse does not end there, no shirts are a problem for me, dress shirts that is. Seems I wear an extra large, but the arms are always too long and need to be altered as do suits and pants usually. The last time I wore off the rack I was an infant. Come to think about it, even my house had to be made larger to fit me.

No comments: