Tuesday, March 03, 2020

SAINTHOOD

This morning I came downstairs from a great night’s sleep and got my morning Joe. I decided to look at the calendar that hangs from the refrigerator door to check the day’s date when I noticed something interesting. The calendar is one that is distributed to the devoted of the Roman Catholic Church in December. Along with the paintings of saints and events depicting life in an Artists’ studio during the Renaissance, there is each daily box with the date, the day devoted to a saint.

As I look for the date, I notice that March 4 has no saint mentioned or commemorated. It looks like a storefront in Utica, barren and deserted!

This has gotten me to wonder, maybe we can organize a movement to have me canonized and put in the empty slot? You know, kind of rounding out the calendar.

I already have a photo we can use (see illustration photo) and I do know a few Latin words from my altar boy years. Besides all that, just think… YOU can say you know a saint. I was thinking I need a good moniker for sainthood, so here goes…

SAINT JOSEPH OF THE COCKTAIL AND CANAPES.

So, if you will simply go on the Vatican website and nominate me, it will be a truly SUPER TUESDAY!

Simply say: "Yes, I want to fill in the empty box, Joe Del for sainthood.

God bless.

No comments: