Sunday, March 08, 2020

UNWANTED CALLS

As I sat in my daughter’s room bored to death and reading a newspaper (I’m multi-tasked) my cell-phone came alive. Digging into my phone holster (what a nerd!) the caller is unknown. Normally, I would not take the call but I was bored.

“Hello?”

“Recently you indicated on our website that you were interested in a job, this call is on a recorded line, can you hear me OK?”

“No.”

Pause…

“Now, our records show that recently you showed interest in a job, (a lie) to better serve you, can you tell us what kind of work you are interested in?”

“Yes, I would like a job where I can walk between two telephone poles via the wires.”

“GREAT! We can help you with that as I will connect you to one of our advisors after a few questions.”

“Great!”

“Are you an American citizen?”

“No.”

“What year did you graduate high school?”

“1929”

“You responded that you are NOT a U.S. Citizen?

“Yup!”

“I’m sorry, we can not assist you unless you are a US citizen. Thank you for your time.”

“Does that mean I don’t get the job?”

Dial tone.

At least there was no age discrimination!

No comments: