Saturday, July 14, 2007

WHO IS THIS GUY?

Well, I just get back from the land of cinnamon where we celebrated a wedding for my niece Katie, a great gal and her new husband Alex, when lo and behold (What does that really mean and why do I use it?) I get an email from the bride’s Mother announcing that her son Marc got engaged last night!

Engagements are what happen to parents that don’t watch their children; the kids get engaged.

Anyway, Marc is a really handsome fellow that just happens to look like me, and he introduced his fiancĂ© Nicole to me at the wedding. Nicole is a very sweet and beautiful young woman who looks just about right for this family, and I’m sure will allow Marc the privilege of keeping his old habits. The fact that she is part Sicilian (a wannabe Italian) makes her all the more wonderful. Of course Marc thinks I should watch my back since she is Sicilian, so you know she probably took a contract out on him for the future. If he gets whacked I’m not surprised.

Actually my older sister Fran and her husband will have fulfilled their destiny of raising all their children and marrying them off.

Which leads me to Sons # 1 and 2: Look how nice Marc did. I want you guys to find nice girls too, I don’t care if they don’t speak English; I want some grandchildren. All you have to teach them is: “Senor Poppa, or Poppa San, (depending on where we import them from) here are your grandchildren! We will take them home with us after you are done spoiling them.”

No comments: