Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THE YOUNG ENTREPRENUERS

As I was pulling out of my driveway today on the way to the library, I couldn’t help but notice two youngsters next door sitting at the curb of my man Bill’s house with a table and what looked like a pitcher.

Out there were Bill’s Daughter Christina and her young neighborhood friend selling lemonade. Dying of extreme thirst, I pulled over to enquire as to the deal I would get in lemonade commodities.

Me: What you got there?”
Her: Lemonade.
Me: How much?”
Her: 50 cents, you want a glass?”
Me: “Oh yes!” As I reach for my wallet, wait for the moths to fly out, (Family pets) and push away the cobweb I reach for a dollar. Her: Do you want change?”
Me: Oh no! We serious lemonade drinkers don’t need change.”

Together the partners mix my drink. This is right out of the can powder, so I know it was fresh.

He: “Put the stuff in the glass” (Actually plastic)
Her: OK
He: “Put more powder in.”
He hands it to me and I take it and ask him; “is this a franchise or limited partnership?”
He: Rocks back on his heels and sticks his thumbs into his belt loop of his pants, stares down the street and says; “Nope”.

I sense a major conglomerate cornering the lemonade market in the not too distant future. You think I’ll get a discount?

No comments: