Friday, July 06, 2007

PIPING UP

My abilities as a plumber are being questioned! Yes, TLW (The Little Woman) has decided that I’M NOT ANY GOOD AS A PLUMBER. This is from the same woman who for years has relied on my plumbing ability.

What happened? Well, it seems we had a leak in the tub faucet, being it is a single lever faucet; it needed a new cartridge to stop the leak. To open up the faucet, I needed a special wrench, an “L” shaped wrench that I didn’t have. Being it was a small leak, I forgot about it, so TLW asked me to call a plumber. The bum charged me $283 to fix it!

Well TLW was relating the story to her cohorts at the wannabe bank she works at, suggesting that I wasn’t too good at plumbing. She then related a story about how I took apart our old bathroom, and re did the entire thing. Putting in new walls, including tub prefabs, ceilings, lighting and fixtures, and a new sink and fixtures in the toilet, sink and tub! ALL OF WHICH WORKED PERFECTLY!

I am also the same “not so good plumber” who fixed the toilet upstairs recently, and changed a washer in the sink upstairs. How soon we forget.

Over breakfast today at a nice little restaurant we go to on occasion, the conversation came up, I reminded her of the facts as I presented them above, and she reminded me that he version was in retaliation for using her for my jokes about her on this blog.

So, the joke is on me.

P.S. I’ll be taking a hiatus of 3 days, returning on Monday. I will be attending my Niece Katie’s wedding in Connecticut at the Coast Guard Academy.

No comments: