Monday, July 09, 2007

THE HEAR AND NOW


Being married to TLW (The Little Woman) for 36 years, I’ve tried each year to remind myself of the good that is in our lives. Today I remind myself of the good in my life.

Being deaf all these years, I have never been anything but accommodated, helped and never pitied. TLW has never once made me feel less than I am, and always showed me ways to make my life easier in the hearing department. I can’t imagine how difficult it was for her to have to listen to the TV with the sound blasting, the radio out loud in the car or the HI-FI so loud the house must have shook. I am always grateful to hear her sweet voice, and I know that she endured the audio pain for my comfort, never once complaining.

Funny thing is that that is the way she is with everything, and everyone in the house. I have never heard her say we don’t appreciate her, when in essence we don’t appreciate her enough. As a Mom, she is ever lasting and steady in her influence, and as a wife, the foundation of our marriage. When she feels sorry for herself it is but a brief moment, then off she goes to do what she must, care for others.

I still think of her as my girlfriend, I see her as she was and as she is, perfect for me in every way, and in every way that is how I want it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: