Friday, September 21, 2007

THE GREAT ROBBERY

I was robbed! In broad daylight! By no less than a man wearing a surgical mask and carrying an agreement from my so-called health care provider.

I went for a colonoscopy, and was told afterwards to come to the Endocrinologists office in two weeks. I make the appointment and show up two weeks later for the results. I figure if they really want to see me in two weeks, there must be something to tell me, so I brace myself. Little did I know how startling the news was!

I enter the waiting room, and I am called, the receptionist asks if I want to pay before seeing the doctor, and I go over to her perplexed and confused.

“This is a follow-up visit, why should I pay?
“That’s the doctor’s policy, I’m sorry.”

I could get angry but figure it is only $15, so why take it out on her?

Into the inner sanctum I go, $15 lighter and the doctor has my file and invites me to sit down. Uh, Oh!

“How are you today?”
“Well doctor, you tell me.”
“Oh, everything went just fine, two little polyps, successfully removed, so I’ll see you in a few years.”

$15 to tell me that!

For $15, I should get at least a restricted diet that I won’t follow, or a pill for one week that I won’t take, or even bed rest for 24 hours. I didn’t even get my money’s worth! NOT EVEN AN ASPIRIN!

Endocrinologist my ass! He’s just a proctologist with an attitude. He got me right in my endo! Geez, at least do it right and say: “Stick ‘em up” The crook!



Help stop crime,
Voice your disdain about this blog at:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell ‘em, “What are you crazy?”

No comments: