Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM

It’s funny how much we resemble our parents. How often when we speak we hear ourselves and through our voices, and inflections, we hear our parents.

TLW (The Little Woman) is a good case of what I speak about. TLW is Jim, her Dad, who passed on over 20 years ago. Jim lives on in my memory through his daughter, her inflections and attitude call back those years and give me a good insight into a good man.

Today is Jim’s birthday (see my blog of June 17th.)
And I have no idea how old he would have been, but I think it is about 93 years. One of the things that saddens me is that he never lived long enough. He never lived to witness his son’s successes, which he no doubt knew would occur, never witness his grandchildren marry and have families of their own.

He was always contented when his children were around him, he could go off being happy that they were in h is house visiting, sometimes surrounded by his grandchildren. I have a great picture of him, taking the time to read to his grandchild and my niece and nephew from a Batman book he brought for #1 Son, then very young. The children gathered around him, an old man doing a loving thing, book open in his lap, the children hanging to his every word.

If there is a God, I bet Jim has his ear, making him laugh with a flippant remark or a statement that lands right on the money.

Happy Birthday, Jim!

To voice you anger that I write these blogs;
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: