Monday, September 17, 2007

SEPTEMBER 17, ANOTHER BIRTHDAY


Yes, that year rolls around awfully fast. My beautiful niece Laurie Ann turns 29 again! Congratulations, Laurie! Laurie and Gerard her husband, have a son Stephen who was born on my birthday, and I’m thinking of giving him sole possession of the day.

Got a second e-mail from a Jim Pantaleno, who I mentioned a few days ago, and the reason I bring it up is for almost 50 years I’ve been trying to remember a park I used to go to as a kid in Brooklyn. I asked my Mom, my Dad when he was alive, my older sister Tessie, but no one could remember the name of the park. Then Jim wrote ( a graduate and fellow Brooklynite from my neighborhood) and mentioned it (Callahan-Kelly) and a flood of memories came back. Writing this blog is worthwhile when things like that happen. Thanks Jim!

Next Sunday I am going on a tour of Central Park and lunch at a nice little Italian restaurant called Bruno’s, and you dear readers will be more bored than usual on Monday’s blog as I recount the whole event. I will be taking TLW (The Little Woman) and her friend from the Wannabe Bank where she works, Lois.

Today I go to visit Henry, my 89-year-old Mother’s beau, who is in the hospital with gallstones. You may hear more about that tomorrow.

To help prevent smog in the blogosphere, write to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
and let your voice be heard.

No comments: