Thursday, September 13, 2007

BRINGING BACK OLD ACQUAINTENCES

Today I temporarily stepped out of retirement to attend a business lunch with some former colleagues. Seated around the table at Café Testarossa were Bill Wortman a writer, Tom Bass a print buyer and Darrell Lester a marketing man.

If you put all these types of people together along with an Art Director like me, you have the makings of a small ad agency! We talked business then went into reminisces of days and people gone by. But my day did not stop there, as when I got home and went into my studio to check my e-mail, I found a delightful surprise from a gentleman by the name of James Pantelino who used to live right around the corner from me when I lived in Brooklyn over 52 years ago! He reminded me of places and things I did as a child growing up and attending Our Lady Of Lourdes School on Aberdeen Street!

As I scrolled further down in my e-mail list I found yet another nice surprise from my buddy and I think distant cousin from Italy by the name of Antonio, just married and sounding happy and successful. Antonio Del Broccolo found my #1 Son and me by accident on the web, while researching his last name.

I still have a good part of my day left, so hopefully there are more good surprises left.

The lunch was interesting in that Darrell is looking to expand to a small degree into creative services for his clients, and wondered what it would cost him for copy and art. It already costs him for the lunch! Being retired I don’t necessarily want the work, but it wouldn’t hurt to get my hand in it still, so I gave him a decent price without doing it for nothing.

Meanwhile the art projects I have planned are starting to grow. I finished one of a carousel horse that I carved in wood and hangs over my TV.

To voice your displeasure at having to read this blog, write to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

Tell them you are sick of it, and won’t take it anymore.

No comments: