Monday, September 03, 2007

THE OLD TIMES

Yesterday evening TLW (The Little Woman) and I went off to dinner in Syosset at a place called Café Testarossa, where we met my best friend Phil and his beautiful wife Linda.

Phil I know from my college days where we met, and he never changes which I like, and of course, Linda continues to grow as a person and a wife. Linda has 4 children, two boys a daughter, and Phil. Linda is the centerpiece of the Mark family, while Phil is the support and the good times part of the family.

It seems every time we meet, the little cell phone rings and her oldest boy Jason is on the other end with some kind of problem. While Linda was on the phone I asked, to speak with Jason, where Linda handed me the phone from across the table and I spoke:
“Jason?”
“Yeah, hi uncle Joe.”
“Jason, if you call here one more time, I will personally go to Staten Island and give you a beating. I want you to leave you parents in peace.”
“He-he-he”
“Jason, don’t let me come out there, and by the way, how ya doin?”

Good old Jason, never heard from him again, the good boy that he is. Linda and TLW were able to talk, and Phil and I were able to listen (with minds wandering) without interruption for the rest of the evening!

At one point, the restaurant began to get busy and a group of people was being seated next to us. A very attractive young woman was part of the group and was standing right behind Phil with her back turned, Phil’s head was even with her derriere. As Phil turned his head to look back, he came cheek-to-cheek sort of speaking, and I reminded him that it was NOT the dessert cart. But poor Phil, his clams with linguini was not nearly as hot as the “Dessert cart.”

If you wish to comment about the filth I just mentioned, or feel you would like to lodge a complaint, just respond to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, and I’ll see to it that it gets into the right hands.

No comments: