Sunday, August 19, 2012

ITS WHAT I NEED!


The phone rang one evening shattering my calm and interrupting the Jeopardy show, I hate when that happens, and when the caller is identified on caller ID on my screen as Dr. Strangeglove, makes me nervous.

“Jello?”

DR. STRANGEGLAOVE
“Hello, this is Doctor Strangeglove’s office, may I speak to Joseph!”

“Speaking?”

“Dr. Strangeglove would like you take start taking vitamin D, 2,000 milligrams daily.”

“Does he know why?”

“Wellll, let me see, your blood tests show you are very low in vitamin D”

“Hmmm… I guess I better then. Thank the doctor for me.”

Turning to the Little Woman (TLW) I ask: “What does vitamin D do for you?”

“Strong bones!”

“Ah! Strong bones, sure, I knew that! Is there any vitamin D in Jack Daniels?”

“You probably don’t drink enough milk!”

“But what happened to all the vitamin D I had? You didn’t take it, did you? Maybe at night when I’m sleeping, are you siphoning off all my vitamin D?”

Lately my feet have been hurting, and I was wondering if there was anything wrong. Sharp stinging pains in the first three toes in my right foot have been occurring. That may be a reason, lack of vitamin D. Being a diabetic I asked the doctor, and I guess vitamins are the best he can do!

You are supposed to get it from sunshine, and I don’t go out in the heat of summer with humidity, just not happening unless it is the pool or on my way into an air-conditioned place. Starting tomorrow, I will get a lounge chair and get a book and read in the sun, soaking up Mother Nature’s rays.

My thinking is vitamins A, B, and C are all doing ok, and I need to get through the rest of the alphabet, and I hope I do, I’d hate to have to blogue about vitamins ‘E’ through ‘Z’ too!




2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Stop wearing high heels and the pain in your foot should subside.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

You're just pissed off because I got them on sale before you did.