Thursday, August 09, 2012

WELL, WELL, WELL!



Recently I posted a picture of myself on Facebook of me when I was about 6 or 7 I’m guessing. It is a background shot and then you add another shot of yourself to ‘enhance’ the background. If you know me, you know I like to have a laugh because laughs are free.

One of my sisters noticed the background shot and remarked how much it looked like her grandson. I reminded her that ALL my nieces and nephews look like me, beautiful! That I often say it and said she knew, but would I please stop it. Meanness comes in many forms.

Being the only saintly one among my mother’s five children, and the prettiest, I have had to live with their jealousies all my life. As I have repeatedly told them, I can’t help it if I am prettier than they are, what can I do?

Naturally angry women do angry things, jealous women do jealous things, so all my life, especially when I came home from church every morning, they would plot their evil against me, doing the devil’s work so to speak. But I always forgive them, because they can’t help it.
the sisterhood

I fully understand how hard it must be to follow in my footsteps going through school and the community, the constant comparisons they must have had to endure being one of my sibs. The constantly hearing: “You’re a nice kid, but you’re NO JOSEPH!” My heart goes out to them, why, it evens hurts me!

So dear sisters, be brave, I know life has handed you a crushing blow, but bask in the aurora of my glow, the shadow of love, kindness and pretty, after all, I’m your brother!

No comments: