Friday, August 17, 2007

I’LL HAVE TOASTED, KISS, KISS

As if August 14th’s rant about role reversal wasn’t enough, here comes another.

As the usual custom goes in my crib, TLW (The Little Woman) will after dinner get in her car and go and buy us both a container of decaf. Sometimes she goes to 7-eleven, and sometimes she goes to my favorite, Dunkin Donuts. When I can, I ask her to get me a regular coconut covered donut, and she usually gets herself one of the toasted coconut kinds. Not every night do we eat donuts, but on occasion, the donuts are bought.

Tonight as we were finishing up supper, TLW says: “Tonight you are going to go for the coffee.” Feeling rather happy about some financial news I got from my financial advisor, I was willing to do anything. I asked her if she wanted anything, and she said: “No” so here is $2.89 exactly for the coffee.

Still feeling good I said: “Keep your money, it’s on me.” Then I said: “I’m going to Dunkin Donuts to buy the coffee.”

An immediate and passionate cry came from TLW! “OOOOOH, you are?”

“Yes” I responded, knowing full well what was coming next.
TLW: “Then get me a toasted coconut donut!” as she kisses me twice on the lips.

“I can’t believe how much you are getting like me!” said I.

TLW: “Exactly.”

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: