Friday, August 31, 2007

SHAKING A STICK


With all the bad news, we read daily, and sometimes hear, it is nice occasionally to get some good news too.

Today’s good news is that my lovely niece Jean-Marie Currier (nee; Dzicek) had a beautiful baby girl named; well let me let her Mother Fran my younger sister (or so she tells me) tell it as she did in an e-mail to me.

“Hi Everyone!
Just to let you know that I am a grandmother one
more time. Jean-Marie just had a baby girl, Grace
Lauren. She is just beautiful and all is well with
her. You will not believe that she was 8lb.11oz. It
is so hard to believe that a baby that size came out
of Jean-Marie. Both mom and the baby are doing just
great. She had the baby on Friday after being in
labor from Wednesday. It was a long ordeal, but the
great thing is everyone is doing fine.”


This makes three grandchildren for Fran, Sam her oldest, then Alley who was an ordeal when born, with heart complications that turned out well in the end and now, Grace Lauren.

If you notice, there is no mention of a husband or father, which I can vouch for there is, his name being Keith. I guess he had nothing to do with it, and wasn’t even needed. How come that always happens?

And while we are at it, how about Grandpa Tom? It was his idea to start the ball rolling.

Congratulations to the Currier family: Keith the proud Daddy, Jean-Marie the Momma, and Sam the big brother, Alley the big sister, and most of all the person who made this blog necessary today: Grace Lauren.

I noticed no one is named Joseph or Josephine! Come to think about it, there are enough kids to shake a stick at, and not one is named Joseph or Josephine.

Send all your insightful comments to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: