Saturday, August 04, 2007

ANOTHER SURPRISE VISIT!


Well after TLW (The Little Woman) had surprised me by coming home early, turning my game plan upside for the day, I decided to get back to business. Today the Mets play a daylight afternoon game at 2:00 pm, and with a pre-game jump into the pool, it was shaping up as a nice day.

Up to my studio go I, to read the latest e-mails from all those that hate me, when I hear the front door open! I know that #2 Son is fast asleep in his room, so it can’t be him, so someone had entered the house! I run downstairs to check it out and what do I see but TLW carrying a bag to the trash can outside!

Me: “What happened?”
TLW: “I’m sick.”
Me: “Ooooh!”
TLW: “I had to pull over to throw up, thank God I had a bag in the car!”

My day was radically changing, my ballgame was a goner, and it looked like QVC all day until dinnertime.

TLW: “I’m going upstairs to bed, I’ve got the chills.”

Up she goes, I now know that it can’t be serious, just a virus, her going to bed means she can watch QVC in bed. I can watch the Mets!

Down I go to read the newspaper, when I suddenly hear: “Joe, Joe.” I run upstairs and open the door, “Yes?” “Can you get me a pot, and some aspirin? And shut off the air-conditioning, I’m cold.” It is 900 degrees outside, humidity is 75%, and she is in her winter Pajamas and robe, under a heavy set of blankets, and I’m shutting down the air-conditioner!” The question in my mind is: “Who is going to die first, her or me?”

When TLW gets sick, I’m sick. When TLW is so sick she is in bed, then I worry. When TLW goes to sleep and contorts her body like she does while in the bed, I think that I should put a mirror under her nose to check her breathing.

Through the course of the day, she started to feel better and better, to the point of coming downstairs and reading the newspapers while I watched the ballgame. She had dinner and a nice bowl of chocolate ice cream!

The end.

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: