Monday, August 13, 2007

JOE DEL BLOGGOLO*

There you have it! The truth has come out. I am using right now as I write this blog a performance-enhancing drug! I’m on “IBs” or Ibuprofen; you see I have a headache. IB sounds like it is illegal so it helps my ego here.

I think I will never hit 61 homeruns in 162 games or 756 homers overall to earn an asterisk, but I could use a good scandal for the blog. I think IBs are the best I can do. Work with me here.

There are other events in my life that might need an asterisk, but nobody would care to know about them. There is Selma Salloway, and the back seat of my Brother-in-law’s Ford when I was still single, but then I can’t relate that just yet because I am still living.

From what you have read in the past about me, life can be humdrum and uneventful or it could be full with people and experiences that defy reasonableness. It’s the latter that needs an asterisk, although most of the asterisks sit in the former.

Then of course there is the floor in #2 Sons room, and the amount of days that the floor has not seen daylight, and my wondering if he will be swallowed up before TLW (The Little Woman) comes to his rescue, but again, who would care?

So move over Roger Maris and Barry Bonds, DelBloggolo has an asterisk too!

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: