Saturday, February 09, 2008

BACK IN THE AIR

Just as I got settled in, I have to turn around and go back out again. This time I’m flying to Florida! Yes, to visit my sister in Venice, where she is spending the month. I’m leaving TLW (The Little Woman) behind, and expect to stay just a few days.

Being how I have to go to JFK Airport, to reach Sarasota, I need to take the JFK route, and it is a little inconvenient. I hate to drive there because I hate the Belt Parkway. But, lo and behold (I still don’t really know what the hell that term means) the Long Island Railroad has a plan where I take the train and then the Sky Tram to the airline! Great, huh? Wadda ya think of that?

Jump on the train, get off at Jamaica and walk over to the tram, and Bingo, JetBlue!

Is it great in this country, or what?

I’ll be gone from Saturday until the following Wednesday, so it’s just a brief trip. I have too get back since I have my books I’m doing and some art I’m involved in. But a few days away from the winter isn’t so bad. I may need to find a computer, if not, no reports until I get back. This means that I have to leave my GPS at home, because I don’t want to be accused by TLW of favoring it over her. As you know, they really don’t get along.

Being how I will be traveling alone, even for just a few days, means there will be some trouble in store for me, there always is.

Would you like to fly away from this blog? Need an excuse to get away from it? Then write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Thanks for the heads up, now I know to stay away from Venice, Forida while you are there.”

No comments: