Tuesday, February 05, 2008

MAKING MY DAY


This morning I opened my email and there in the list was an email with attachments from Joe Pantaleno! If you remember, Joe is from my old neighborhood in Brooklyn, and thus becomes an “Honorary Blog Member” along with TLW, #’s 1 and 2 Sons and the Fab Five from LA. (Hey, you guys, send me some birthdays and pix’s, please.)

I opened the attachment like a child at Christmas morning, eager to see what I got. What I got was nostalgic eye candy; memories that flood back like the Johnstown flood. The only difference is I loved it.

Joe like me, as we get older we get nostalgic. The old neighborhood, the place where we grew up is special in our minds and hearts. There will never be another place like it. The smells, the sights, the nicknames, the relatives, the schools and churches, all blending in a nostalgic symphonic and spiritual remembrance of what were once good.

More to come on that as the days go by in this blog. I can’t wait, because the more I think about it, the more I can recall.

No comments: