Monday, February 04, 2008

SUPER SUNDAY

Whenever I watch a Super Bowl, I can’t held but go back to the best Super Bowl ever, Super Bowl III. The game that gave the game it’s name! It had everything. The New York Jets were big underdogs, Joe Namath had style and the envy of every single guy I knew, and most married guys.

I went to church that day, and prayed for a victory by the Jets. Like Baltimore was an evil place, and God was a Jet fan. Of course there was a lot wrong with that theory. For one thing, Baltimore is the seat of Catholicism in the US, There are good people in Baltimore who love God, in other religions too.

I had dinner with my sister and brother-in-law that day Sunday and we had a normal Sunday dinner, and prior to dinner, we watched the game. We didn’t go out and buy large quantity of food, and sit and chat. We rooted, yelled, cajoled and cried, wrung our hands and danced through out the game. The Polish Prince was a Giants fan, as I was to some extent, being one prior to the Jets coming on the scene.

I knew every player and number, every position and the backups. I was a complete Jet Fan. In fact, I was a little green after the celebration!

1968-69 was a great time for New York Fans, and really a bad one for Baltimore Fans. That time-period started with the NY Knicks beating the Baltimore Bullets, the Jets beating the Baltimore Colts, and the beautiful miracle of ’69, the Mets beating the Baltimore Orioles.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NY GIANTS!


Would you like to beat the blogger of this page into Baltimore and back? Then voice your opinion, write: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him: “Why don’t you beat yourself with this blog?”

No comments: