Wednesday, February 06, 2008

SHE’S A LADY

Looking at her big brown eyes, I can’t help but give her whatever she wants. She never pouts, and never complains. She will look at me, maybe even make me feel guilty, but what am I to do? I know she loves me, she just doesn’t know how to say it.

Sometimes when we are alone, she will sit by my side, and sometimes I sit by her side. We never argue about the remote, as I get free reign of it. On occasions: she will get playful, and I have to drop what I’m doing and play.

She’s got style and grace, and one would never know she is even in the house. Doesn’t do much, except eat and sleep all day, and maybe watch what I eat.

There are no strings attached, just her love for me. I ask nothing from her except the comfort of her being. After all, she is a dog, but only in name. She is my little friend. When she needs help, Ii come to her rescue. We are both trained. She rings the little bell attached to the back sliding door to go out. I must get off my butt at 4:30 P.M. to get her a few leafs of lettuce. It is a very simple arrangement, thank you very much.

Right now, as I write this, she lays next to me, asleep on the rug. At night, when everyone goes to bed, she waits for me to retire before going in our bedroom. She always sleeps facing the door, waiting for intruders.

But she is not just my family member: she cares for us all. Whenever one of us is still out at night, she sleeps at the top of the stairs, waiting for that someone to return.

Wish I could get TLW (The Little Woman) to do all this.

Wish the pooch would bite the blogger? Send a sharply worded protest to Happy via: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com. Tell her to, “bite him.”

No comments: