Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ROCKPORTS ROCK!

Yesterday I went to Tangier Outlet in Riverhead to find a certain kind of shoe, the one and only Rockport walking shoe. I am fussy about footwear, and I’ve had a pair of brown Rockport walking shoes since 1996! I’ve tried others, but I kept going back to them.

After searching one section of the Outlet, I finally found the store. Walking in, I am greeted by a young and cheerful lady. I asked her if she could match the shoes I was wearing. She nearly did a back flip, a jump for joy, then did indeed hug me! Yes, I got a hug from the saleswoman in Rockport! I may go back soon to buy another pair.

What was the reason for the hug? Store policy, no. Anger management courses, no. I was wearing a shoe that was popular back in the Stone Age, and was still wearing them. A shoe that brought back memories to this lady, made her very happy.

She then began to assist me, satisfy my shoe yen, and tell me a history of herself. Then gave me a deal- buy two pair, get a third free! Good, no?

I really wanted to give her the old pair as a keepsake, but, hey they still have another 12 years left in them.

If you are not getting a kick out these blogs, go to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him; “I get a kick out of NOT reading your blogs. Take a day off fercryinoutloud!”

No comments: