Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Every morning, TLW (The Little Woman) makes a pot of decaffeinated coffee for the two of us. After she leaves, I clean the pot and go out and get a cup of regular coffee for myself.

I usually go to the same place after having price compared: the local deli, Dunkin Donuts Handy Pantry and 7-11. The best buy is the local deli. It also helps that there are two very attractive young ladies behind the counter. I am getting to know them on a first name basis from visiting every morning!

Son #2, the slob then makes himself regular coffee later in the day, leaving water all over the counter, coffee grounds mixed into the water, coffee stains and just your usual mess for someone making coffee blindfolded.

Today, TLW decided that we should purchase one of those one-cup coffee makers. I’m sure you are familiar with them, fill a reservoir with water, put a 1-cup container into a filter, press “Brew” and voila. A cup of coffee!

We went to Bed, Breakfast and Beyond, to purchase one of those machines, and they had two kinds of machines. Both did the same thing: one did it more expensively. We bought the other one.

As we were driving: I mentioned that the new machine will save her a trip out to 7-11 every night to buy two cups of coffee, and save me a trip in the morning. I mentioned that I go to the local deli, and she asked why I didn’t go to the Handy Pantry. I explained that the coffee is cheaper. “Where do you go she asked?” “Across the street.” I responded. “From where?” she insisted. “From the Handy Pantry” was my snappy response. “From the Handy Pantry! There is nothing there but a Church and a Mexican Restaurant.” Came back her logic. “Across from whom?” She insisted. “Well, you know, across from the Handy Pantry on our side of Portion Road.” Said I. “Oh, you mean across the STREET from the Handy Pantry!” she said again.

Jeez, I hate being corrected.

Tired of reading incorrect blogs. Well get off your duff and do something about it. Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell ‘em: “Hey, pin head, don’t you know across the street from across the street, yet?”

No comments: