Sunday, February 24, 2008

OUCH, THAT WAS GOOD!

Did you ever go to pick up a box that you thought was heavy, but when you brace yourself to pick it up, it goes flying out of your hands because it is so light?

Yesterday, in the aftermath of the snowstorm, I got my shovel in hand, and decided to go out and tempt faith, and shovel my driveway. I put on my sweater and coat, hat and a pair of gloves and opened the door. As I stepped out, I almost got a mental hernia, a visual strain, and a shock! There before me was my walkway, and driveway, all neatly shoveled and cleared! I quickly went into minor tremors and kept seeing the handsome face of my man Bill next door. Yes, the guy cleared my driveway for me!

MMB (My Man Bill) is and has always been my reward for the lousy neighbor that used to live in his house. MMB will give you the shirt off his back, the last crumb of food he owns, and his wife, TLC (The Lovely Carole) will make it look good before giving it to you.

If you try to thank these people for anything, you walk away feeling even better than when you went there. I know it is a strange mathematic, but the equation always comes out the same, even and better than expected.

I challenge anyone to find a better neighbor than those two.

So to MMB and TLC, thanks again.

Wish MMB had buried this blog under the snow? Wish it would melt away? Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him, why don’t you take a long walk in a blizzard, and keep walking until you read a sign that says; “Welcome to the North Pole!”

No comments: