Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I’M CONFUSED!


OK, you knew that already. However, this confusion is out of the usual confusion. You see: confusion can be confusing. If however, you have a grip on yourself, it is just less confusing than the confusion you started with! Did I make myself clear? Good!

This past week I have been watching the newspapers and TV, listening to the hoopla of the Super Bowl Sunday game. My confusion is, why we need to be ‘ready’ for the game? I mean: this is just another game. Why do I need to ‘stock up’? Chips, platters of food and it must be both hot and cold. Beer and soda has to be part of this ritual, and for some reason I need to know who won the coin toss for the last ten years. Why? Does all this impact the game? Apparently, I need to have comparisons between the quarterbacks, their mother’s last names and even their bra size for the game to make me happy?

People get together, for the event, then regret doing it because: “I have to get up in the morning and go to work!” Cheez! Usually they work themselves up in a lather, then are let down by the “Boring” game!

I happen to love California, Arizona is beautiful, but why oh why do I need to watch the game so late? When this first started out, the game started at 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm and ended at a reasonable hour. It is even worst with the World Series. Those games don’t get underway until 9:00 pm, because they need to accommodate the west coast. I’m sure the west coast fans wouldn’t mind if the games started a little earlier so the east coast fans could stay up to see the conclusion of the games. The little kids that are the backbone of baseball, yet the ones on the east coast may not get the opportunity to see a world series game! I love to watch football, not analyze it. I don’t need to know what or who has the edge at wide receiver, or corner back. All I want to know is what time the game starts, and which channel. I don’t need food, drinks or stats to make it interesting.

Imagine if we treated life like that.

Mr. and Mrs. Zuklack would like to announce the marriage of their daughter, Tina-Marie Zuklack to Mr. Winfrey Orelse.

Mrs. Zuklack 185 lbs. Mrs. Orelse 195 lbs.
Mr. Zuklack worth is $1,000,000.27 Mr. Orelse worth $3.00
Tina-Marie left handed Winfrey right handed

Be sure to stock up early for the wedding ceremony!

First prayer will be read immediately after the minister/rabbi tosses the coin to see which family member will receive the first whispered criticism.

Please remember DD, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: