Friday, February 13, 2009

THEY’RE JUST NOT MADE THE SAME!

Yesterday, I was sitting at my keyboard, writing my novel when the phone rang,

Me: “Yellow?”
Caller: “Is your refrigerator working?”
Me: “What?”
Caller: “Is your refrigerator working?”
Me: “No, my refrigerator is not working, it retired.”
Caller: “Huh?”
Me: “MY refrigerator is retired.”
Stupid Caller: “Heh, heh… well you better catch it.”
Me: “Noooo… you big dummy, you should have said: Is your refrigerator running? Then you say you better catch it. Now hang up and call me back and try again.”

Of course, dummy never did call back.

Makes you wonder how the kids today could screw up an oldie like that one! I remember my younger sister Fran doing that with a few strangers, then she enjoyed it so much, we started to call people we knew!

We would announce that they won a one-way ticket to Tahiti, and the poor person on the other end, being simple minded would say: “I got the chills!” We were rotten little bastards in those days! (Now I got a little bigger.)

By the way, if you were wondering what I would have said if dummy had called me back it would have gone like this:

Me: “Yellow?”
Dummy: “Is your refrigerator running?”
Me: “No, It’s out working, and why aren’t you?”

P.S. The picture is for illustrative purposes, only!

Please pray for DD, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: