Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THE PLACE IS GOING TO THE DOGS!

Every now and then, I am instructed by TLW (The Little Woman), to take the dog (Happy) to the groomer. As a cocker spaniel, she has long hair and although it makes her cuter, when she is groomed, she looks like a mountain goat!

Happy watchers every move I make, following me to even the bathroom, and if I take too long for her, she barks at me!

As I reach inside the hall closet, she eyes me, her head perking up as I take out her leash. Panting heavily, she comes bounding over at the ripe old age of 14 years. Pacing and moving about, makes it difficult to put the darn leash on her collar. Once I do, she drags me out the door, pulling and tugging me to get a move on. Then, in the middle of my lawn, she either pinches a loaf or tries to resurrect the dead wintry lawn by peeing on it!

She takes me to the car and sits, staring at the door. Her majesty is waiting for the footman to place her in her carriage. I swoop down, gently lift her and place her in the front seat. (Happy does not like the back seat, and prefers to drive if possible.)

Pushing her deep into the front seat, I withdraw and race to close the door before she tries to get out, just making it. Now I have to race to the other side to get in, before she tries to get out on that side. Opening the door, she is waiting to push me out and get out of the car! Pushing back, I slide in and we wrestle until she backs off. This is a very old dog!

As we drive to Pretty Puppy, Happy’s beauty salon, she will observe the other cars on the road, standing with her front paws on my console, and her back paws planted firmly on the back seat, as she stares out the front window.

We arrive at Pretty Puppy, where on our way walking up this long driveway, she once again pees, and poops, then poops and pees until we get to the door. This is an old, small dog. Some people think that dogs take on their owner’s persona! (It’s NOT really my dog.)

Then we get into the building, a young friendly woman greets us, and says:
“What’s her name?”
“Happy”
“Aw, is Happy, Happy?”
When I hear that, I envision my murder trial, and as they lead me away to execution, my lawyer tells the governor what set me off to kill the girl, and he pardons me!

Please, pray for DD, and all those in need of our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile (again!) :o)

Happy's cute... so are you Joe!




Jan Spalding/PCH