Sunday, February 22, 2009

WILL I MAKE IT?


Waking up this morning, I still felt like the clothes heading for the washing machine. So, I went down stairs after showering and dressing. (I like to do it in that order.)

TLW (The Little Woman) was sitting at the kitchen table going over my life insurance policy. ?? I started to put on my coat.

TLW: “Where are you going?”
ME: “To the cemetery to lie down.”
TLW: “Will you be stopping at the Handy Pantry? I need milk; #2 is drinking all the milk up!
ME: “Maybe.”

Returning home,

TLW: “Well?”
ME: “The milk is in the refrigerator, I went to the cemetery, and they said that although I was dead, I needed to register with the office first, and I need a certified death certificate. So, I got up, brushed myself off and got a coffee and roll, and your milk, instead.”

An old couple down the block went to a MacDonald’s the other day. He ordered a hamburger, fries and a drink. She sat at the table and waited for him to bring the order. Recognizing them, I watch it play out. The old man cut the hamburger in half and gave the old lady half. Then he took the fries and countered them out evenly in two piles. He set one pile in front of the old lady. Watching them pulled at my heartstrings. I went over and introduced myself and offered to buy them another meal.

“Oh, no,” she stated, we are just fine.” I went back to my table and watched some more.

The old man took a sip of the soda and passed it to the old woman, as he started to nibble on his sandwich. Not being able to stand it anymore, I went back over to the old couple. “Please, let me buy you another meal.” I begged.

“No, No!” Stated the old gal once again.

“But why aren’t YOU eating?” I inquired.

“Oh, we share everything, and I’m just waiting for him to be finish with the teeth.” Said the old woman.

Please remember DD and my Brother-in-law John, and all those that need our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, THERE SHOULD BE MORE JO-JO'S IN THIS WORLD,YOU ARE SO CARING. ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDN'T MAKE THAT STORY UP???? THANKS FOR MAKING ME LAUGH AT 6 A.M IN THE MORNING. YOUR YOUNGER SISTER, THERESA