Sunday, April 26, 2020

Coronavirus timeout


Or, how best to waste time.

Since we have all retreated to our cocoons, the womb of protection the government and the virus have inflicted on us, time is not of the essence.

Just think, I got up this morning with nothing to do, nowhere to go and not caring to go anywhere. Do I have a plan for the day, you bet, I plan on reading the newspapers, do a crossword puzzle, solve a Sudoku and eat, nap, and maybe cook, and of course, write, watch some TV so I can swear at the turkey in the White House.  My easel is waiting and there is unfinished business on it for me and this is my day planned out a perfect day.

I remember when to have a day like I described, you had to have a snowy day and couldn’t go out because of the storm, now it is just an unseen storm of a virus, you can’t see it, have no idea where it is, and yet you cower from catching it, meanwhile, too many people have died, too much money has been spent to fight it and too many people are killing themselves to fight and prevent it. Where would we all be without the leadership of Governor Cuomo and the doctors and nurses and caretakers, all my favorite people?

Today is Sunday, I love YouTube and think it is a great way to look back in time, hear some old music favorites and read the comics. There is nothing like thinking or wasting time out of the box!






No comments: