Tuesday, April 28, 2020

I GO TO THE DOCTOR

My doctor
I went to the doctor yesterday and found a few surprises. I enter the building to go into his office and there is a line of about 4 people standing ahead of me. The door to his office is locked and there is a sign on the door telling patients to be patient (a redundancy?) due to the ‘Fake’ Coronavirus.
One at a time we enter by first taking a small test. A nurse comes out with an oral thermometer, (Thank God, there are people behind me, waiting) takes my temperature, and asks questions like my name (I aced that one) if you are tired (yes, I've been standing here a while), have you vomited, (No, I haven't seen the bill yet) (feel nauseous (yes, I anticipate the bill), does your stomach feel upset? (see above).
I am admitted into the inner sanctum and answer more questions about what else? Is your co-pay still the same? (No, I now get this all for free now).
They come for me immediately, if not sooner and I make my usual offering to his majesty of one cup of self brewed Sample Joe. Sample Joe is my self-made brew concocted from Jack Daniel’s and beer, which by the way is very rich in color, I like to think it is a good, healthy, rich color.
After a lifetime in which I am reincarnated as a reasonable patient person, my doctor shows up.
“WOW! You still here?”
Me: Yes, actually since January if you must know.”
“No, I mean, you are still ALIVE!”
Me: It’s the least I can do, your kids haven’t finished college yet!”
He takes blood and comments on the blood pressure- “124 over 70! That’s perfect!”
Obviously, my blood pressure and I operate separately.
Everybody, and I mean everybody wears a mask, including the mice as we all look like members of the Jessie James gang. It is amazing to me how patients that were present in the doctor’s office seemed well-adjusted in their mask, and I discovered that I can make faces at everyone including my doctor and no one can tell!

No comments: