Saturday, April 25, 2020

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS…

Turning into the snow, sleet, and ice!

After dealing with the downstairs toilet the other day, I suddenly found a new part for a toilet sitting in it’s packaging on the kitchen table. Having been just flush from victory high over fixing the downstairs toilet, this made me stop in my tracks.

The Sneaker Lady had struck again!

Me: “What’s this?” (As if I didn’t know and who was responsible)
Sneaker Lady: “Oh, I checked the upstairs toilet and if you go into the tank you will see the old part is really going!”
Me: “Oh! I can’t understand how I could have missed it!”
Sneaker Lady: “Yes, We need to change it!” (WE?) “I guess I’ll start.

I grab my tools and head upstairs, open the top of the tank and peer in, she is right! The part, a rubber stopper is disintegrating and needs to be replaced.

“Now Joe, don’t panic… just don’t touch anything but the rubber stopper and then, get out. Don’t adjust anything else, no touch, no look, no Nuthin!”

After straining my hand from opening the part from the plastic encasement, I liberate the part and remove the old one. Great! Nothing is touched or interfered with.

“Now Joe, replace the top and don’t fool around with anything else, remember, nothing else was touched, it should still work!”

I replace the top and then make a huge mistake… I flush, and when I do my dreams of a nap go do

“Now Joseph, Jesus doesn’t like your kind of language you are using under your breath, try not to touch anything else and hope it goes away, you know how these primary flushes go, this was an initial flush, a real flush will show you how well you really did!”

I flush again. (The Mamma’s and the Poppa’s come to mind: “When will I eeeever learn?”

Pulling the chain off I readjust the linkage and return. A little better now, the train has left the station, just need to get a commuter off the tracks, me. I back off and am satisfied enough that I will not miss my pre-nap and head downstairs.

A half-hour later the Sneaker Lady stops me mid-nap.

“I noticed when I looked in the tank it was slightly off, so I moved the chain over one loop, works Great!

wn the toilet. The damned thing will not stop running as a little trickle continues and does not stop, plus there is a funny sound coming from it like a train screeching into a station.

No comments: