Wednesday, June 17, 2020

E-WISE

He's asking for 51% of my TV and computer, and HE gets to pick all the shows

It was 1991, and the world was rapidly changing. I was in the throes of entering the computer world, and it was kind of exciting. I purchased my first home computer and it was big. The monitor was as big as half a house while the computer itself was the other half of the house.

As we progressed and I learned the various programs, all professionals, I started the phasing-in of the Internet with TLW (The Little Woman). Every morning TLW would go upstairs to the computer and yell down:

“JOOOOOOOE, CAN YOU COME UP A MINUTE???

The sound of her voice was like someone else wanted to strangle her as I sadly put my newspaper aside and went to her rescue.

My, how times have changed.

Recently we watched the show, ‘The Profit’ an interesting show staring a multi-millionaire named Marcus Lemonis, who gets involved in struggling businesses upon request and gives them money and takes 51% or more of the business. The owner will get upset but relinquish with a deal and as he scraps everything and starts over, throwing out un-used stock, material, and décor, sometimes with the owners still holding on while retaining their underwear.

So, yesterday, TLW started a conversation with a picture of Marcus Lemonis’ wife. A nice looking lady in her 60s and Marcus and her seem very much in love. Then TLW gave me a rundown about the man and all I could think of was the old days when she didn’t even know what a browser was, here she was flipping through links as she put them there herself. This has got me thinking, what if she starts looking me up?

Well, I have to go now, I need to get a hold of a paper shredder, erasers, markers that are black and delete some files, I’ll try to make it back by tomorrow.

No comments: