Monday, June 22, 2020

I DID IT THE HARD WAY!

Me

This is 'GUESS WHO'
This is #1 Son looks related!
Over the years I worked hard to get older. I took care to press the wrinkles on my face as they appeared and always kept an eye on my grey hair. Aging is an art, not to be trifled with, and given the results: it makes you look like your age.

Aging gives you the ability to drive with your left-turn blinker on and do it while being slow, not only in your walker but also in your car. You don’t feel like opening a heavy door? Look pathetic and someone younger will open it for you. Do you shop in a supermarket? You are allowed to leave your shopping cart in the middle of the aisle as you read the contents of something you are not buying. While at the market you go to the self-checkout, hold the product in your hand, just stand there and some employees will come running over to do it for you, quickly and efficiently.

You awaken in the morning and if you feel a nap coming on before getting out of bed, you can do it without hesitation or guilt. You can put on your TV, see the bonehead in the White House and be free to yell: “YOU SON OF A BITCH!” This alone is beneficial since it releases internal pressures somewhat like an oral fart. Senior citizen's rates always apply.

Recently, I got a posting from #2 Son, who shows a photo of a familiar-looking younger man than I am, but older than #2 Son is. Under the photo, he writes: “Do you know who this is?” I reply it looks like him, and I am told that I am right. He had gotten hold of a way to make him look older. It saved him the trouble of getting married and having kids.

This disturbs me because he is young, has everything before him, I don’t. I had to work hard to get that senior discount, that door opened for me and even help to carry things, why should he get it without working? Next, he will have a parking permit for handicapped parking, something even I have my eye on.

No comments: