Sunday, June 07, 2020

RETURNING TO NORMAL… ALMOST!

A few days ago my wife and I ventured out to visit some friends for a late morning bagel breakfast, cream cheese, and all. We had all kinds of bagels under the sun including my favorite, sesame.

The visit was wonderful and the accommodations awkward as we had to keep our distances and not wear the masks in this social occasion, borne of desperation to get out of the house and be a little normal again. It felt a little too warm to do this visit out in the backyard, so inside we did it, without the masks.

The host presented me with a large brown bag of assorted bagels and of course, someone wanted one of the types sitting under twenty other bagels. So, I asked for the tongs, a rather large pair with rubber tips that grip anything from your backside to something that makes your backside large, a bagel at the bottom of the bag.

I would recommend a visit during the day to some one’s home to get away and break the routine of quarantined living. It makes you appreciate your home once again. The talk was fun, the laughs continuous and the coffee great.

No comments: