Tuesday, December 04, 2007

ANTICIPATED LA SNOWFALL, MIXED WITH CONFETTI

I see where all the pretty Angelinos are anticipating a snowfall of some kind in the area soon. Although the weather for today is near 80 degrees, it seems a lot of young ladies are waiting for it to snow soon. How do I know this? I see they are wearing snow boots! Yes, thick heavy snow boots. The kind you say: “Mush” with behind a sled of dogs.

If the above is not interesting enough, then you should see the guys. They are wearing hooded parkas, woolen knit hats, and some are even wearing woolen gloves. Did I mention that today would be near 80 degrees?

I, on the other hand, am wearing summer t-shirts, sitting in outdoor cafes and slowly walking to take in the warmth of the sunshine and the golden rays of the LA sun. Oh, sole mio! New York is waiting for me. I must go; tomorrow is the last dance for me. Then Thursday I fly home to the cold, the wind, the rain, the snow, and the Christmas rush. No more will I frequent the Daily Donut, nor will I bask in the glow of California sunshine under palm trees, that gently sway in the blue sky above, nor will I hunt for movie stars such as Doris Roberts, behind every corner, in every cafe.

But rejoice oh fair reader, and do not cry for me, for I shall return someday, and next month I head out to Arizona, with TLW (The Little Woman) and #2 Son, to the natural beauties of Sedona, and Phoenix for a little respite from life in general.

So goodbye LA, Adios, Ciao and Kinitchi Wa, Syonara as they say. Your people are great, your sunshine beautiful, and your golden rays will shine in my heart, forever.

So long to MFF (My favorite fan, Laura) To Peter the teacher, to Justin and to Minnesota Pete: all cool guys, with great futures that I am sure and hopeful of. To beautiful Christine, and my good buddy Steve with the two coolest guys in the universe, Mathew and Peter, what a wonderful time I had with you all. (How many cavones does it take to screw in a light bulb? A coupla three or four, who cares, make me a salami sangwich.)

And to #1 Son I say: Lucky you, you live in a great place, with great, and true friends, with a great career, what a great life you have!

Join the celebration of millions of Los Angeles residents. Take part in the fun as DelBloggolo FINALLY leaves LA. Wave up to the sky towards Burbank Airport, Thursday morning at 8:25 A.M., as his plane soars higher and higher away from here, and sing: “Glad to see you go.”
Send celebratory emails to each other, and one to; joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com,
Say: “Ooh Va Napoli, ya Bum, bout time ya left fer cryinoutloud!”

No comments: