Thursday, December 27, 2007

DECODING THE PAST

Cryptograms, cross word puzzles, any of that stuff has nothing on TLW (The Little Woman), when it comes to puzzles.

This morning I asked TLW what she wanted for dinner tonight, and she mentioned that we have some leftovers in the freezer, so out I go to find something. Coming across a white rectangular container, I read the label, which is written in TLW’s script. I could recognize some of the words in her hand but not all, so I sat down for a moment to try to decipher her special coding. It read something like mixed incinerators or something.

After numerous attempts at decoding the past, I decided that this is a job for a bigger man than me, so I went to the source of the puzzle to see if she could make it out.

Me: “Toots?”
Her: “Yes?”
Me: “Can you read this?”
TLW looks at me like she is asking: “Are you challenging me?”
She looks at the label on the container and her look now becomes more defined, sort of “Yes, he IS challenging me.”
Sheepishly she studies the label, turning it sideways left and right, and finally admits:
“No, I can’t read it either.”

Tonight on the menu we are having a nice salad and a thing I call “Mystery Meat.” If you want the recipe, send an email to our next of kin.

Tired of decoding your need to read this blog? Then send a nasty note to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell him:
“Beats the hell out of me why I read this!”

No comments: