Thursday, December 13, 2007

PLANNING THE BIG TRIP

Well, now that winter is here, the family is looking forward to a winter vacation in Sedona, Arizona. It looks like January 5th we will fly out and spend one day in Phoenix before we head out to Sedona. We might even extend the trip an extra day or two to spend it in Phoenix instead. Of course there is the possibility we will see it during the week we are in Sedona.

Yesterday morning we spent on the internet, checking our flights and making reservations for a tour and car. Of course TLW in her methodical way, made me read all the fine print and view all the pictures. We had to view all the tours offered, and went back to the original one we wanted to begin with! Shopping for a car took time and a lot of dedicated reading also.

TLW (The Little Woman) has decided that she has to see the Grand Canyon at least once in her lifetime. Me, I don’t need the Grand Canyon, because around that time of the year, all the streets in my neighborhood have their own versions of the Grand Canyon, and the good part is it is free, local, and will relocate with new “Grand Canyons” next year.

I want to see the funny little mountains that are red in color, and maybe a mesa if they exist there. Maybe I can meet an Indian (Native American, give me a break). When I was a kid, I played Cowboys and Native Americans. I think it was General Custer who said: “Here come those friggen Native Americans!”

I will be taking a lot of photos to bore you to death with if I ever see you. It is either that or my baby pictures. By the way, I was adorable, just ask my Mother.

Both sons will be accompanying us on this vacation hopefully, so they can argue whether I snore loud enough or not. We’ll see if they are man enough to snore louder. TLW will stay awake those nights to keep score.

The vacation will go on a point system. The person who gets the most points gets to come home with TLW and me.

You can lose points by:
One: You complain
Two: You borrow money from me
Three: You tell TLW on me about anything. Forget it.

I feel a shopping expedition coming on. TLW, as she “Gets ready” for this vacation, will need her basic supplies, namely clothes and shoes, and her pack mule, me. Me, I’m ready already. I don’t need much, a sandwich, aspirin and snacks and I’ll be fine. (Also a place to nap.)

Need to get away from these meanderings of an old fool? Voice your displeasure to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Say: “Me dispiache! Basta!”
English translation: “Enough already, you’re pissing me off!”

P.S. Don’t forget to send in those favorite blogs for publication, get credit in the book.

No comments: