Sunday, December 02, 2007

BACHELORHOOD AND THE HOOD

This is going to be my fourth week in LA! I find it hard to think that I would be away this long from home. A month away from TLW (The Little Woman) is an awful lot, and I should start to think about going home soon. I miss #2 Son an awful lot, but I need another week to figure out why.

Be that as it may, I am living like an unmarried man without girlfriends. I am sharing #1 Son’s “pad”, and am enjoying the casual life style that he enjoys. It is nice to build a new relationship that is apart from Father and Son, and seems more like friends and confidants. We talk and we laugh, cry and we are serious to a fault. Sharing his friends is like finding gold, you don’t want to spend it, or lose it, either. We eat, too well.

TV is not on much, we spend the time talking, reminiscing about days gone by, people we know, stories to share. We play his video game called “MLB, The Big Show”, an electronic baseball game that I am starting to get the hang of, and I know I will finally beat him at, so help me God! We don’t smoke, but will have a drink. We eat donuts and drink coffee or water or even beer.

He has been very helpful and encouraging to me in my writing. I pass my novel outline and some of the writing I am doing for it to him, and he reads it with enthusiasm, encouragement and help. He sees things I overlook as a good editor would, and it helps. He suggests and recommends, I listen and hear him.

It is probably an experience I will never forget. It is a great time to be alive.

Meanwhile, Carole from the Hood, one of my “Homies” and my man Bill wonder and wait, as do all my neighbors: “Is this guy coming back, and does that mean I can’t have company because I’ll be embarrassed when he does?” To the Hood I say: “Yo, Momma, be settlin in my crib soon, ya know? Ya hear what I’m talken about?”

So to the Lovely Carole, my man Bill and all the Avenue C denizens I say: be seeing you soon. Be cool.

This unfortunate display of literary jibe getting on your nerves, when you go blogging? Kicking your dog when you read it and don’t even own a dog? Then voice your indignation, write to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
tell him: I wish I never learned how to read, your stuff is making me sick!

No comments: