Thursday, December 06, 2007

UP, UP AND AWAY

In my Southwest Airplane.

As you read this, I will either be coming or going. Depending where you are now, the news is either good or bad.

Last evening in the confines of the Red Lion Tavern, I said my final goodbyes, and got to meet a great guy (#1 Son’s friends, what else) for the first time. Beside Hollywood’s best looking couple, MFF (My Favorite Fan, Laurie) and her handsome beau, Justin, were Pete the Teacher, Minnesota Pete, a stand up comedian, writer and like all the others, a stand up guy, and finally: Jerod, Justin’s younger brother, a director in movie land.

Between Jerod and Justin, all the ladies of LA must be in a tizzy, because these are two very handsome looking guys. If you were blind, you would never know it about them, they are very down to earth, making it easier for an ordinary guy to share the earth with.

MFF as usual was kind and thoughtful, giving me a going away gift that I will put in a special place. The Red Lion is a great friendly atmosphere, with very good German food and beer, a place that invites good conversation and friendship as all seven of us gathered around the table and told stories. I really wish I could introduce all my family to these wonderful people, and maybe someday I can. Included in this goes Christine, Steve, Mathew and Peter, too. (Hey, how many cavones does it take, Mathew?)

So, one last time, goodbye LA. Thanks for the great people, encouragement I got to write three books, and some great weather. Hello TLW (The Little Woman), #2 Son and the freezing cold. As for me, I have a little Holiday shopping to do.

In the holiday spirit and want to stay that way? Then send a sternly written email to joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell him; GO AWAY, how many times do I have to tell you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you again. The Red Lion was a perfect gathering place, sending you off from the same joint wherein I truly met Son #1. I hope you arrived safely in the grand city of yours, and you still feel the warm California sun on your face. We'll meet again soon!

Laura L-V said...

it's been pouring rain since you left. the city is crying.