Saturday, December 01, 2007

TAKING TOLIK TO POLAND AND OTHER THINGS

Yesterday #1 Son and I went to Wendy’s for some high cholesterol action. While he waited on line for our lunch, it gave me a chance to look around and observe the customer base so to speak.

Diagonally across from me sat a young Hispanic couple with a small child in a stroller. (Is that what they’re called?) She had a pretty face, but I noticed a very sad face and down turned mouth. He wore a green baseball cap that had a flat peak, and the peak was over his left eye. His pants hung down under his hips. Whatever he was saying had her on the verge of tears. I thought that if this is the father, with his ghetto look, and she is crying over him, she needs a reality check. Maybe I jumped to a conclusion, but I do admit, what was happening wasn’t conclusive by just looking.

Then there was the master chemist. He was with a beautiful Asian gal, and as she ate, he spent the whole time mixing mustard with mayo and ketchup, and dipping his fries in them, tasting them then re-mixing some more. I guess he was looking for the right balance. He would add more of one ingredient or another and do the same thing all through lunch.

Finally there was the Great Wallenda, tilting his chair back on its hind legs, balancing himself while eating and reading! I must say; this was a truly amazing feat.

When we got back, #1 suggested we go to his favorite coffee shop, where he will write, do a crossword puzzle, and suggested I read and take Tolik to Poland. (Tolik is a character in my novel),on his laptop computer.

What does all this have to do with the price of pork futures?

Well, it was raining in California yesterday, in spite of the song to the contrary, and I was so disoriented by it, didn’t even go to the donut shop. On top of that, you would never know it is Christmas in LA! NO FRIGGIN SPIRIT IN THIS CITY!

P.S. TLW (The Little Woman), Toots #1 (The Little Woman), Sweety (The Little Woman), I’m a bigamist, I miss you all!

Need a respite from crazy talk with a Brooklyn bent to it?
Write to: joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell him “getattahere

2 comments:

Laura L-V said...

What are you doing up this late!? LL

Anonymous said...

when u ever get back (you r coming back right) Bill should have the extensions built on all the homes here....... The HOOD is calling