Tuesday, December 04, 2007

HOME BECKONS AND CALLS

It looks like my stay may be coming to an end soon. It seems #1 Son has taken up his life as he heads back to work. The writer’s are still on strike in Hollywood, but #1 Son and his partner are formulating plans, and keeping busy, while leaving me behind all day.

I on the other hand will miss the sunshine to some degree, but I do miss the spirit of Christmas that I don’t seem to have here.

Crowds of angry shoppers, pushing, and bumping into me to convey the true holiday spirit, as I traipse through a Macys’s or JCPenney store; shopping for TLW (The Little Woman). What can be nicer than the cold damp rain that seems to find its way during this very festive season? Along with the cold, the emptiness of my wallet, and the aggravation of the mall simply lift up my spirits.

Naturally I will get the old Christmas tree down and put it up, agonizing over the strings of lights, the decorative pearls that I must masterfully string on in perfect balance.

Of course there is the reoccurring nightmare I have every year. I dream that it is Christmas Morning, and I don’t have a gift for TLW. Guess what? I don’t have one yet!

One thing I really look forward to is the Christmas Eve dinner that my extended family has, that massive and grand feast that feeds us all, as we eat, drink and laugh the Christmas eve away, trying to forget how much we spent this year.

Not having little children in the house, (the only child will be me) takes some of the fun away from the big day, or morning. I used to go from seeing the kids excited on Christmas Morning, to looking at the bills and Christmas mourning.

Looking to cheer you up this Holiday Season?
Send a nasty email to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell’em “Hey, its Christmasforcryingoutloud, go away!

No comments: