Wednesday, December 12, 2007

JUST ENOUGH HOLIDAY SPIRIT

This year I had help in the decorating of the house, with TLW (The Little Woman) lending all the assistance. The one job I hate is decorating the house for the Holidays, and this year was no exception.

Being how TLW is home this week for the first three days, she was eager to go at it, while I was eager to get away from it.

Getting up this AM, and coming down the stairs to the den, the chair was moved and the spot vacuumed for putting up the tree. This year the tree is like the one in Rockefeller Center in NYC; green. Unlike it, it is smaller and not real, but already has lights on it. TLW was waiting for me. I tried to not make eye contact with her, but she had the drop on me, and was ready to go. Up the ladder in the garage I went, onto the top shelf, moving huge boxes around in an awkward position, so that my limbs, back hurt and all my arthritis was activated, in the name of the Christmas Spirit. The only Christmas Spirit I want is a Jack Daniels Manhattan.

Outside I hung two wreaths, more climbing and fussing. Here is the bad part; I have to take everything down and put it back into boxes, and climb up to the top shelf again when the holiday is over. It seems the older I get, the less enthusiasm I have for that kind of thing. Call me an old Scrooge, but without little kids in the house, it seems like a routine I could eliminate.

Next year I’m going to take a picture of this year’s Christmas tree, and blow it up life size, and lean it against a wall. Saves a lot of time and work. HO-HO-HO.

Need the spirit of Christmas back but don’t know why? Write to: joedelbroocol@yahoo.com, say: “Hey, what are you doing to me here?”

P.S. Don’t forget to send in your favorite blog for my blog book. Remember the date and title of the blo9g.

Thanks

Maria went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.' What denomination?' asked the clerk. 'Oh! Good heavens! Have we come to this?' said Maria, 'Well give me 50 Methodist and 50 Church of England ones please.'

No comments: