Monday, July 26, 2010

WHAT I NEED IS-CHICKENS!

Last year, at the suggestion of my Texas buddy, and 8th grade dance partner: Martha Scott, I joined Face Book to help me find my classmates for our reunion. Then someone said: “Ya gotta do the farming, Joe!’ So I went ahead and did a farm, not knowing what the hell the point is, but did it anyway.

Well, after about almost a year of this, I have been getting chickens, cows, (I own one, Cowabonga), sheep (no jokes, please) and various trees and of course my crops. People send me mystery gifts, which I can’t figure out what they are, gold coins and if I plow I find or get fuel!

Then one night, from New Jersey I get a call from my classmate Kathy Sperakis (10:30 pm) to join this co-op and plant something to help people get a gold ribbon or coins or something for all the people in the co-op. Mind you, this is all electronic daydreaming, but I figured, my life was in the balance so I better!

This is followed up recently by a request from Tanj the Enforcer, (Carol Patanjo) who said I should get up at the crack of daybreak and join another co-op, and that I better, because she knows where I live! That morning, I called California, where this all emanates from: requesting to speak with the head of the farming bureau for Face Book. Nobody knew what I was asking, since I was babbling incoherently.

FB: Face Book, how may I help you?

Me: “Yes, I need to speak with someone about helping me find your Farmville logo. I really need it, but I suddenly can’t find the logo on my page!”

FB: “Now calm down, and let’s see what the problem is. By the way, you just got a can of fuel from a FB buddy! Congratulations! Yes, I don’t see the Farm Ville logo either. Hmmm.”

Me: “But you have to help me find it, if one of my Face Book buddies doesn’t get what she wants, I’m in deep dodo!”

FB: “Now, it can’t be that bad, just a temporary glitch, that’s all!”

Me: “But you don’t understand, I was TOLD by her I had to do this first thing this morning!”

FB: “Really! She must be a tough customer!”

Me: “I’ll say, her name is Tanj, that’s what we call her.”

FB: You don’t mean Carol Patanjo, do you? Good luck with THAT!”

He hangs up and I am left with a dial tone from California!

Then I went to a party recently where they were all there, and what do they discuss: World affairs? No. Science, No. Farm Ville, and getting up at 4:00 AM to plow their fields!

By the way, does anyone know how to retrieve their Farm Ville logo when it disappears?

No comments: