Friday, July 16, 2010

SAY GOODNIGHT, GRACIE



The other night, TLW (The Little Woman) came home from work and I asked a simple question.

“How was your day?”
TLW: “Oh, it was interesting.”
“Oh! How so?” (I had to ask)
TLW: “Well, this little old lady came in being held by the hand by a younger woman!”
“And?”
TLW: “She wanted to transfer an educational account to our bank! Her bank wasn’t giving her the rates she liked. Actually it was Lois’ member, and I helped her.”
“That was nice! Did you help?”
TLW: “It was very complicated! This old lady, who was dressed very nicely, with nice slacks and a nice top, and her hair was done very well also and was very thin, short, like your mother.”
“Yes, but did you help her?”
TLW: “She had three accounts she wanted to transfer to the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company! We weren’t sure she could!’
“Why?” (Again, I had to ask)
TLW: “well, she wanted to do this transfer without paying any tax. I don’t blame her, so we started to try to figure out how.”
“But once you change banks and move money, don’t you terminate any agreements?”
TLW: “That’s what we figured. You see, her oldest child, or grandchild was 23 her name is: Samantha, but let’s call her Joe. Joe is 22 and doesn’t go to college, then she has an 18 year old granddaughter named Ashley, who we will call John. She has another grandchild but I don’t know what to call him.”
“I see, so Samantha, I mean Joe, is not in college, yet the account dictates that the money be used only for college.”
TLW: “Yes, so we called upstairs to see if they could figure it out.”
“Who did you speak with, St. Peter?”
TLW: “No silly the front office!” (They must have moved upstairs while this conversation was going on)
“So, what did they say?” (Again, I don’t learn!)
TLW: “They said they were conferring on it as we spoke!”
“ SO Samantha, I mean Joe, could lose his money!”
TLW: “No, as long as it stays in an educational account, even in another bank, then Joe gets the money.”
“Why, then Joe and John must be really upset, because Samantha and Ashley are getting all the money!”
TLW: “Don’t confuse me.”
“Why did you change all the names and sexes? And is that third child a girl with a sex change in HER future?”
TLW: “I knew it! You are not really interested in how my day went

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, were you?
ss-i-l