Monday, July 05, 2010

HOLY JEDIAH!



The other morning, TLW (The Little Woman) arose from her chair and came over to kiss me goodbye.

“Well, I guess I’ll get out of your hair and go to work.”

“Why would you say that?”

“I’m sure you will be glad when I leave, this way you don’t have to listen to the silly show I was watching.”
(The silly show is called: 18 and Counting)

“No” I protested, “that is not true!”

“No, I’m sure it annoys you!”

“Not at all, what I wish is that you would retire and we can spend the time together, I miss you during the day!”

“Sure you do, by the way, can you please check the pressure on the pool pump and backwash it if necessary?”

“Ok, now you are annoying me.” (Kidding, of course!)

Actually, the show she watches IS annoying. It is about this couple that has 18 kids, and the old gal is pregnant. She dresses like a Quaker, and so I can’t figure it out. What is really interesting though, is that all the children are named with a ‘J’, and after 18 names starting with that letter, they must be getting desperate to find new names.


I was thinking that what they should do now is start using corporate names like: Jiffy Lube, or Jelly Beans, or even Jell-O. This would open up a whole new generation of names, and all unique to the household.

Think how popular the kids could be in the locker room!

“Hey, Junior’s, Junior’s Cheese Cake, nice catch out there in the second inning!”

But I do kid around. It actually is a beautiful family, and thank God the kids all seem normal and healthy. Mom is looking a little worn, and doesn’t sit so close to Poppa like she used to, but they still love each other. I really can’t see the couple getting a divorce, since the custody battle will be very lengthy and hard fought.

“You get the kids!”

“No, YOU get the kids, ALL of them.”

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

How about "Jugular" since that's what Mom will go for if the old man comes nears her again!